Monday, March 17, 2008

On Becoming a Spanish Runner

Lately I've felt more present and here in the moment than I have in quite some time. It's weird. Many people talk about trying to live this way more often, not being as distracted on the past or the future, but I haven't really tried at all. It's just sort of happened.

Jokingly earlier today, Kirk said "Hey, new man" as if he's noticed a change...

Is it really that noticeable though?

One of my New Years resolutions was to learn Spanish... Los hombres y un perro!



So, I have a lot more to learn... Whatever.

Another resolution was to run 500 miles this year and while I had a dismal 33 going though the 5th of this month, I've since doubled it. I feel many of my relationships are closer and I'm getting school work done earlier. Things I tend to put off, in every area of my life, I do now. It's odd because my life defines procrastination but now, over the course of a month, I've become more determined than I've been since I don't know when.

Back to Kirk Carey... Vice President of SBLC and my personal dish washer... he also told me that I'm more myself now than I've ever been and you know what? I like that. I like it a lot actually.

2 comments:

Jesse said...

Mmmm... Joel.

I miss you.

I added you to my google reader!

Jesse said...

We should both probably update our blogs more...