Saturday, April 5, 2008

On the Virtue of Alcohol

I have many friends who drink, who like sipping back on grandpa's old cough medicine if you will, and they will. It's a little something to make them feel good. Whatever. Serving as the universal designated driver over the past few years, I've done a good bit of observing. I've seen some crazy things that make for crazy stories and things I hate but there are little things I really do like.

For instance, there's the guy who thinks he can dance but can't really. Then there's how everybody loves each other. Of course, sometimes that love can be a little too strong and babies are made or cold sores given... People need to control it. Be temperate. However, the way some get more excited or others get more mellow, how either way they're much more sociable, the way people act in ways they rarely do but would more often if only they were more comfortable being themselves. Who can't like that?

Is that weird? Enjoying the beauty in it all when many might condescend the behavior? It is bad for you. I know. It has too many calories... but seriously. It's not that bad...

1 comment:

Jesse said...

The danger of alcohol is individual and comes with different consequences depending on the person. Some people are inherently addicts and are likely to become alcoholics if they start drinking; others (like myself) truly love beer and know how to drink it w/o getting plastered.

For me, it all comes down to simply I tend to drive everywhere I go. So... 99% of the time even if I wanted to get drunk I couldn't because I would probably kill myself. I am proud to say that I've never driven under the influence!